With six months to go to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) deadline, Select Legal Systems Limited, specialist software providers to law firms, have announced today that they will be releasing a brand new GDPR module for clients, in time for May 2018, as part of their comprehensive legal practice management system, LAWFUSION.
They have also published a brand new white paper today for their clients, and any other law firms currently preparing for GDPR:
(It is available as a printable PDF here).
Steve Dixon, co-owner and Director of Development at Select Legal Systems said, “We started researching GDPR in terms of what it would mean to law firms many months ago, in order to develop a useful GDPR Module that will help our clients comply with the new legislation. We quickly came to realise that GDPR is about much more than just software and IT. It is more about a firm’s data security practices and procedures and also partner/staff awareness in terms of how it will affect their day to day working lives. So as well as designing the LAWFUSION GDPR software module, we decided to share all that we have learned on GDPR so far, with our clients and any other law firm making preparations for May, via a new white paper.”
Their law-firm specific white paper “Do You Have All Your GDPR Ducks In A Row?” attempts to dispel many of the unhelpful myths surrounding the new regulation and makes suggestions on how a law firm might embrace GDPR sensibly, in bite-sized chunks, without allowing it to become a major distraction to the business. It lists information and advice about how a firm might get its 15 GDPR ducks in a row, in the right order, in time for the 25 May 2018 deadline, and it highlights how the LAWFUSION software will help with compliance.
· #Duck No.1 – Establish Credible Sources
· #Duck No.2 – Be Aware GDPR Is Not Yet Finalised
· #Duck No.3 – Understand The Key Principles of GDPR
· #Duck No.4 – Appoint A Data Protection Champion
· #Duck No.5 – Build Awareness Inside The Practice
· #Duck No.6 – Understand The Rights of Individuals
· #Duck No.7 – Carry Out A ‘Personal Data Audit’
· #Duck No.8 – Give Extra Consideration For Children
· #Duck No.9 – Review Any Arrangements You Have With Third Parties
· #Duck No.10 – Decide On Which Lawful Basis You Are Going To Process Personal Data
· #Duck No.11 – Understand What Is Expected Of You When There Is A Personal Data Breach
· #Duck No.12 – Get To Grips With Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
· #Duck No.13 – International Law Firms Should Determine Their Lead Data Protection Supervisory Authority
· #Duck No.14 – Policies, Procedures & Training
· #Duck No.15 – Communicate With Your Market Via A Clear Privacy Notice
The new LAWFUSION GDPR Module will be made available to Select clients ahead of the May 2018 deadline.
LAWFUSION is a fully integrated legal practice management system that includes a wide range of modules covering every aspect of legal practice, providing everything a firm would need to run as a profitable business. It is the software of choice for hundreds of UK law firms.